Saturday, May 3, 2014

Finding lost objects in Finnish

Here are some sentences to use when you're trying to find things that you have lost or forgotten somewhere:

  • Onkohan täältä löytynyt avaimia? - I wonder if you have found any keys in here.  (Notice how the wondering is expressed with a handy suffix han or hän.)
  • Olen melko varma, että kadotin ne viime perjantaina. - I'm quite sure that I lost them last Friday.
  • jätin vahingossa mun takin teidän narikkaan lauantaina. - I accidentally left my jacket in your cloakroom on Saturday.
  • Mä luulen, että mun lapsi pudotti sen kengän tänne eilen. - I think that m child dropped her shoe here yesterday. 
  • Voitko auttaa mua etsimään sitä? - Can you help me find it?
  • Voisitteko soittaa tähän numeroon, jos se löytyy? - Could you call this number if you find it? 

Jos et löydä jotain, siivoa. - If you can't find something, clean up.

No comments: