Over the years I've noticed that sometimes good speakers don't succeed in the intermediate Yki speaking exam as well as they'd expect. Make sure not to make these mistakes:
- Puhut väärästä aiheesta. - You talk about the wrong topic.
- Et ymmärrä ohjeita. - You don't understand the instructions.
- Et sano mitään, koska pelkäät virheitä. - You don't say anything because you're afraid of mistakes. (When they say "Puhu nyt" say something. Mistakes are better than silence. However, don't read aloud the instructions.)
- Mietit ja kirjoitat muistiinpanoja liian kauan eikä sinulle jää tarpeeksi aikaa puhua. - You think and write down your ideas for too long and won't have enough time to speak. (When they say "Kiitos", you're time is up.)
- Valitset liian vaikean aiheen. - You choose a topic that is too difficult. (Think carefully whether you have enough to say about the topic you choose, if you get to choose.)
- Sinulla ei ole mitään sanottavaa. - You have nothing to say. (Practice having an opinion on everything!)
Onnea kokeeseen! - Good luck with the exam!
- Here are all the posts I have written about the Yki exam.
- Here's a post about confusingly similar words.
About the author of this blog: